Individual therapy for adults
You may be troubled by more or less vague or confusing difficulties. You may feel more anxious than usual, or you may feel overwhelmed. Or you may have the experience of being stuck in patterns in your personal or professional life that you wish you could change.
Here is a short list of some of the difficulties I have experience with:
- Anxiety and stress
- Mood concerns (such as depression or anger)
- Relationship difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Motivational concerns (goals and procrastination)
- Existential issues (such as purpose and direction in life)
- Grieving and loss
- Alcohol and substance use concerns
- Abuse or trauma related difficulties
- Difficulties related to sleep and dreams
Perhaps you have an important personal past that will play into how we best can begin to help you through your difficulties. If so, it can be very important to explore this background in the treatment. First steps in therapy involve figuring out what is going on with you, and find good ways to help you begin to change.